- Research or recommend textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring. (Provided by YOLA)
- Prepare and facilitate academic support sessions for small groups of students.
- Participate in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques.
- Review class material with students by discussing the text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Prepare lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students‘ needs and goals.
- Communicate students‘ progress to YOLA in written progress reports, in person, by phone, or by email.
- Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Language skills: IELTS (>= 7.0) or TOEFL (>= 80), or SAT (>= 1200).
- Worrking time: weekday evenings and/or weekends.
- Patience and approach, variety of learning styles, good role-modeling, positivity, and praise.
- Assessment, passion, Innovation, and persistence.
- Teaching experience will be an advantage.