- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable),
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Check vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Type periodic reports and other records
- Reconcile bank statements
- University degree in Accounting or related.
- More than 3 years of experience in the field or in a related field.
- Familiarity with accounting programs and software
- Basic understanding of principles of finance, bookkeeping and accounting
- Organization and prioritization skills; Attention to detail; Confidentiality; Problem solving skills; Ability to complete work on schedule.
- Good communication, customer focus and agility.