- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets.
- Directs cash management operations to include daily cash administration, management of current accounts and bank relations.
- Reviews and drives improvements in cash management, ensuring financial obligations are met in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Completes all cash management set-up documentation for new and existing department processes; prepares correspondence and proposals directed to and for cash management.
- Timely reconciles cash application and disbursements.
- Monitors cash transactions to ensure that bank account balances to the report and any unusual items are investigated.
- Forecasts, monitors and tracks cash flow (weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.).
- Receives incoming wire transfers and processes outgoing wire transfers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Requires 1-3 years experience in Finance or Accounting, with a strong background in Treasury.
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements.
- Familiarity with bank cash management systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Good communication, customer focus and agility.